Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pirates and Princess

I was talking to Drew this morning and I told him that I really wanted to do something fun today.  The kids, particularly Annelise, have some cabin fever and need something exciting to do.  I remembered that today is the Disney Jr Pirates and Princess show at the BMO Harris Bank center.  I looked up tickets and ended up buying some.  I spent way more than what I wanted to for a fun afternoon, but, now that it's all said and done, I would spend it again in a heartbeat.

Annelise had the best time!!  As soon as I purchased the tickets, I told her that we were going to go on a date.  She asked if Harrison was going to come and I told her that it was just going to be a date for her and I.  Drew's parents came over to watch Harrison for a couple hours.  She was beyond excited!

We parked in the parking garage, which freaked her out a little bit, but after I explained what it was, she was ok with it.  We walked inside and I started looking for something fun to get her.  We landed on a snow cone in a special cup.  She loved it!  I, however, was not stoked about the $12 price tag!!!!  But, she was happy, so I digress.

We found our seats and sat down to wait for the show to start.  Ten minutes to show time and Doc McStuffins came out to do a little skit.  It was pretty cute.

The show started with Mickey and Minnie coming out and talking to everyone.  Then, Princess Sofia started.  The show was like watching a live episode.  I didn't really know what to expect going into the show, but I really like.  They had the actual character's voices playing on a track and then the actors just lip-synced along to it.  I thought that was neat.  The "episode" was cute and had to do with Sofia needing to find a gift for the friendship festival.  Annelise sat and watched quite intently the whole time.

When Sofia was done, she immediately asked for more.  I explained to her that it was a short intermission, and that Jake would be coming next.

Once Jake started, she sat and watched that so well also.  I couldn't believe how much she was actually enjoying it!  She was a little disappointed when it was over and we had to leave.  I promised her that we would go on another date again.  I'm excited that she's getting old enough to enjoy fun outings like this.

No comments: