Friday, June 12, 2015

We Do Exist, Sorta

Believe it or not, but we actually do stuff, and have things going on besides the monthly letters that I write for Harrison!  I know it doesn't seem like it since it's been pretty darn quiet around these parts.  Drew is working in Houston at his new job.  He just finished up his 6 month probation, and his leads are all very happy with him and his work.  So, they'll be keeping him around.

Of course, that means that we're moving to the Houston area.  I'm excited and terrified and, if I'm being honest, a lot of other emotions.  I'm excited for this new chapter, but I'm terrified to move to a brand new place where I don't know anybody.  It's definitely intimidating.

Our house has been on the market for quite a few months now, and we've had no offers.  Drew and I have decided that it's time to look for renters for it.  We don't really want to rent it, but I don't want to live apart from my husband anymore.  I want my family back together.

On that note, the past six months have been challenging to say the least.  I'm a "single" married mom to two young children, a threenager and a baby.  Every day is a marathon to get through.  Some days are slightly easier than others.  But, it's still been very hard.  I do enjoy being a stay at home mom, but I would enjoy a little break from the kids too.  It's hard to recharge when I don't get any alone time.  I keep telling Drew that I need a vacation.  I want to take a little girls trip when Harrison is weaned.  (I honestly see that happening sooner rather than later.  I'm doubtful that he'll nurse as long as Annelise.)

So, I'll try to get a little better about blogging about our life here.  I do so enjoy blogging and being able to look back and remember the moments.  Life has just been absolutely insane lately, and I don't really see it slowing down.

And since every post is better with a picture, here's some good old sibling love for you!
(No babies were harmed in the making of this photo.)

No comments: